Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Albuquerque Adventures

Well folks, I'm back. Lucas and I landed safely in Austin last night at 9:45. He was much better on this flight than on the way out to Albuquerque. He only whined a little, threw one blueberry, one fruit snack, one sippy cup, and one binky at the girl behind us (his car seat was rear-facing so he couldn't kick the lady in front of him). The binky managed to hit the poor girl in the face. Her boyfriend thought that was really funny. The flight ended beautifully with the little guy sleeping for the last 10 minutes.

We had a lot of fun in Albuquerque. Our first day there we were able to go to the temple to see my brother and his wife be sealed to little Sadie Belle, whom they adopted 4 months ago. It was the sweetest thing, and it was really cute how she opened her big brown eyes and really paid attention.

The rest of the week was filled with fun and wedding preparations for my friend, Alison's, wedding. Here are a few highlights:

Lucas fell in love with my dad over the trip. Here they are working in the yard:
My mom and sisters are always a big help. Here's my mom helping get ready for bed:
We went to Santa Fe to see a friend for lunch. We managed to get some great photos of Lucas because he was strapped in!



Ben had a couple conference calls for work. This one took place in the Santa Fe Plaza:

About 15 years ago my parent's scored one of the best lots in Albuquerque - bordering the Indian reservation, although it was in the middle of nowhere at the time. When we got home from Santa Fe the buffalo were right behind the house!

On Friday I was busy putting flower arrangements together with the bridal party. Ben took Lucas to the zoo for a boys day out. They had a great time together.

And finally, Saturday May 31st arrived, and Alison tied the knot. It was a beautiful ceremony. I loved the music. Alison's husband, John, is getting a PhD in music - he plays the trumpet. They had a great trumpet player while Alison walked down the aisle and it was awesome.

My favorite part of the day was dancing with the flower girl, Molly. It's so much fun to dance like a 6 year old! Here's a video of Joanna and I dancing with Molly:

1 comment:

The Despain Gang said...

So glad you had a great trip! Family is so important; they make the world a happy place! :)
-Melissa