Tuesday, June 10, 2008

ABQ Addendum - Sleepy Time

I forgot to mention one of the funniest things that happened while we were in Albuquerque. One day Ben, my mom, Lucas and I went to Costco. Ben was driving my parents' car. There was a traffic jam on the freeway because Obama and President Bush were in town, so we were pretty much just sitting there. Ben announced that he was tired and I didn't really think anything of it. Then I started talking on the phone to Alison. Before I knew it traffic was still stopped but we were rolling forward. My mom thought maybe he was just being Ben and screwing around, until it was too late. I yelled, "Ben!" but not quick enough either. BAM! We hit the 18-wheeler truck in front of us. We were only rolling because Ben let his foot off the brake, so luckily we weren't going very fast. Then I yelled, "Did you fall asleep?" and Alison said, "I think I better let you go."
Lucas started screaming from the bang, bump, and commotion. The trucker came out and asked if we hit him. I don't think he even felt it, but he knew something had happened. He was cool about it, and so were my parents. Ben felt really bad though. There's a tiny scratch/dent on the front of the car, but we were expecting worse.
The moral of the story is not to drive when your tired. And definitely not to let Ben drive when he's tired. Poor Ben, poor car, poor Lucas, poor mom and dad.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Sad!! One of my first experiences here in NC was a car accident :-(