Sunday, April 8, 2012

BS

Ben had a poster up in the Art Crank poster show. Each poster had to be bike related. Ben designed a cool poster and had it letterpressed, which makes it extra-cool. The posters were sold at the exhibit and then at Mellow Johnny's for a couple weeks. And perhaps from his desk at work, too...



Remember the bike rack? Yeah, from like 2008? Well, that's still going on. Ben has discovered that it is a complete pain in the butt to work with the city and that it's a miracle that anything is ever accomplished. Hopefully things will get started soon...
We were excited for him to make some money off this project in the beginning, but in all honesty, he will probably have to pay a little out of pocket to have it built. You're welcome City of Austin. Enjoy your sculpture. We just want it to be done. Poor Ben has been working so hard.

As for me, even though my blogging frequency has been totally lame, I'm still alive. I've started running a lot more, and actually like it now. I hurt my back several weeks ago and decided to go to a chiropractor. He decided I was totally crooked (almost to the point of scoliosis) due to my psoas muscles needing to be stretched out. So, he did some painful stretches with me, then stuck his hand what seemed like halfway through my abdomen to massage each side. He warned me that other women compared the pain to having contractions. It wasn't that bad, but it was pretty horrible.
Last week we went through the same thing, but he also performed the Graston Technique on my lower back, which basically means he scrapes at your skin hoping to get rid of the underlying scar tissue, etc. It hurt like crazy. And my back is bruised - I look like I've been beaten, but hey, I got my mobility back (hopefully). The good news is that I don't have to go back until I hurt myself again.

I booked a couple jobs recently. A couple weeks ago I did a print job for a cute sub division in San Marcos, called Blanco Vista. I had a fake family and we spent the day capturing about 7 shots. I got to go running with my fake husband, have a picnic by the river, have a birthday party, a BBQ, go to the pool, and have another b-day party at the pool. Everyone was really nice. And the "grandparents" were especially hilarious and inappropriate :). 

I also went back to Golfsmith for another fit modeling session, which is when you try clothes on for the company before they have them produced so they can make changes. I've learned some interesting things going there and learning about the process.

Other than that, I'm pretty boring. I change poopy diapers, cook stuff, and drive to and from school a lot. Ben and I went on a date to see Hunger Games tonight with Scott and Jeana. I thought it was good, Ben thought it was forgettable. Not as bad as those vampire movies some people watch, though.



2 comments:

Marco said...

About learning to like running... Still trying to wrap my head around that. Is it actually enjoyable while you're running, or just in retrospect, knowing that you accomplished something impressive and healthy?

Shan said...

You are so funny! Please tell me I'll be seeing you in June, pretty please? :)