Saturday, May 24, 2008

Messes...

Yep, its after midnight and I'm supposed to be packing for our flight at 8am, but I just wanted to relay these two stories before I forget:

Today Lucas and I were very busy getting ready for our trip. Jeana was kind enough to let Lucas play at her house while I mowed the lawn, then we had a play group, then nap time, cleaning, errands, dinner, etc.

While I was in the shower this morning Lucas was out of sight. He finally came upstairs with a strawberry in hand. The kid had been in the refrigerator. I managed to get the berry out of his hand with minimal staining on his shirt and headed downstairs. I found the refrigerator door open and the strawberry container on the floor - empty. I know there were 3 or 4 strawberries in there and I found him with 1. So, there are a couple missing. Maybe he ate them whole and unwashed or maybe he hid them somewhere safe - I checked the toilets and they aren't in there. I did have to clean a couple spots off the carpet, but we made it out pretty good for Lucas having free range of the fridge and strawberries.

My next mess took place while I was cleaning up after dinner. I went in the living room to find Lucas playing with the vacuum. He took the whole thing apart - filters, dirt, etc. There was dust mite poo all over the carpet in a couple places.... and on Lucas. The problem was that the vacuum cord has a short and I couldn't get it started earlier today so I didn't know how I was going to clean up the mess. Luckily, after dinner I did manage to get it started and clean the mess, as well as vacuum the upstairs and find one more strawberry spot.

Well, I'm off to pack the diaper bag with goodies that will occupy Lucas during our 2 hour flight. Hopefully he will sleep since it's so early. I don't know what I'm going to feed the kid for breakfast. I got rid of all the decent food in the house. I guess I 'll make some oatmeal.
Have a most magical weekend!

No comments: