Sunday, March 10, 2013

Artcrank and Ben's Birthday

Ben's birthday fell on the same day as the Artcrank Poster show this year. (Remember his poster from last year? It was beautifully letter pressed and ended up winning an award from a paper company.) This year Ben was so incredibly busy, but still wanted to enter a design, so he worked nonstop to the last minute to get a poster together. It's an abstract wheel, it says, "Bike to Work, Work to Eat, Eat to Live, Live to Bike" going around the wheel. On his artist's description next to his poster he made a note that he would be happy email a PDF to anyone's tattoo artist if they wished to have it tattooed on their back or face. It was pretty funny. (And he actually wanted them to say tattooer, not tattoo artist).

 
   
Anyhow, after Ben played two basketball games, we headed out the door at 9:00 to the poster show. I'm so not cool enough to hang at these poster shows with all the cool hipsters drinking their beer and smoking their cigarettes, but I did enjoy seeing all the cool posters. We were out of there by 10:00 and headed to dinner. Dinner at Gordough's, which used to be just a donut trailer, but is now a full blown bar and restaurant. We shared a sandwich and a donut. Ben's contact fell out while he was looking at the menu and we looked like dorks trying to find it with our cell phone lights. BUT Ben finally found it in his water glass!

Sunday night we continued the birthday celebrations at the Pete's house. It was Adam's birthday, too, so we had a combined party for the boys. I made this yummy chocolate cake with strawberries, whipped ganache and whipped cream filling. It was pretty delish. Although, I don't think the whipped ganache is necessary. Next time I'll use plain old ganache.

Speaking of cakes, I mentioned a post or two ago about how I made cakes for my friend's birthday. I made one chocolate one like the one above, but without the weird chocolate on the side. And this was the other one. Raspberry curd filling. Yummy chantilly cream frosting.  And yes, I know I should take the time to clear the table before I take pictures... oops.



No comments: