Sunday, April 3, 2011

First Talk


Last Sunday Lucas gave his first talk at in Primary. We wrote his talk for family night on Monday. He came up with the ideas and we helped it all flow and make sense. Within a couple days he had the talk memorized perfectly - better than me or Ben! On Sunday he was really excited.

Before he went up he looked at me with a grin and a thumbs up. When he got up there, he looked at me and looked at me and looked at me. I gestured for him to start, but he froze. I went up and helped him out and stayed by him the whole time, giving him cues.

We were very proud of him and told us "I'm proud of me, too!"

You can watch a video of him practicing here. Here are the words:
Today I'm going to talk about prophets and why it's important to follow to the prophet. Following to the prophet keeps us safe.
Noah was a prophet a long time ago. He told the people that a big flood was coming and that they needed to repent. The people did not listen to Noah. They only laughed. Noah's family listened to Noah and helped him build the ark.
When the floods came, Noah's family was safe, but the people who didn't listen to Noah drowned.
Even though there won't be another flood, there are still lots of dangerous things in the world. But if we listen to the prophet, President Monson, we will be safe and happy.