Friday, April 15, 2011

Loosey Goosey

A couple weeks ago I was brushing Lucas's teeth and discovered the strangest thing - a tooth coming up behind his baby tooth! It was weird. It was weird because he's only 4. And it was weird because he looked like he had shark teeth! Luckily it started scooching closer to the baby tooth and made it loose. We had occasional tears at dinner due to the increased difficulty of eating, but he mostly handled it like a champ.
On Tuesday he went to school. Apparently during art time his tooth just fell out. So, you know what the kid did with it? No, he didn't tell his teacher. He stuck it under his chair. UNDER HIS CHAIR! Luckily, he was able to find it and he saved it for me. I don't know how he managed to save it, but he did. We got an envelope from the office so we could take it home. That night the Tooth Fairy, Elsa, came to our house. Elsa used to come to my house, you know. She's great. She left Lucas with two quarters and a nice note. His tooth seems to be moving into position nicely.
In other news, Lucas's name was drawn to get in to one of the charter schools I was looking at. He will start Kindergarten at the end of July! Lucas, Ben and I all liked this school when we went on our tour, and I am really happy he got accepted.

3 comments:

Chris and Amy said...

Congrats, Lucas on your first tooth! Wow! You are a trooper and so young!

Kindergarten!!! You will love it! ;-)

Denisha said...

That is the craziest thing I've ever seen....I didn't know that the tooth could grow in before the other fell out.

Glad to hear you made it into the coveted school :)

dani said...

I can't believe he already lost a tooth. He is a big boy now. I'm kind of dreading those days because I'm pretty sure Addie will freak out. Drama for the girl!