Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hamilton Pool with the BOYS

We had some very special guests over Memorial Day weekend. Ben's college roommates & BFFs, Lij and Logan, came to visit. We had a weekend full of playing games, making fun of bad movies, and eating too much food. It was great. Lucas loved Uncle Lij and Uncle Logan, too, and even asked for Lij to put him to bed one night. He's still talking about them two weeks later!

One Memorial Day we decided to head to Hamilton Pool for an adventure. We didn't call to see if the water was open before hand, and sure enough, it was closed. We were all disappointed, but none more than Lucas. Apparently the water often has e-coli in it from water run-off, so I wasn't too excited for Lucas to be even near the water, but it was hard to keep him out. He really wanted to swim in that "yucky poo poo water." During our time there Ben and I both managed some quality Lucas time:


The boys had lots of fun skipping rocks and being sexy for the camera. I think Ben actually might have killed a fish with his rock skipping.




Afterward, Lucas fell asleep in the car on the drive back to town. We headed to Torchy's Tacos for a divine meal from an airstream trailer, and then headed home.

We had a great time with our boys and I can't wait to see them again!

2 comments:

The Despain Gang said...

it looks so fun.

Shan said...

What a gorgeous place! K, next time I'm back in the country, I really do need to come visit you! I still can't believe I haven't seen Lucas in person. Though, I feel like I know him from your blog. That will just have to do for now! :)