Monday, June 25, 2007

Getting into it ALL!

I'm sure no matter how many toys we bought Lucas, he would still prefer the non-toys we have around the house. The toys that aren't supposed to be toys. For example, we have a couple pieces of poster board that he plays with for a few minutes each day. He also enjoys a purple colander, a couple sifters (big and small), metal mixing bowls (very noisy on the tile), and right now he's enjoying the little door into the CD player on Ben's computer (don't tell Ben).

Over the past several days I've found him playing with some new and exciting things. He thinks it's fun to adventure into our bathroom. Now that he can pull himself up, he likes to hang out by the toilet, which isn't very pleasing to a germaphobe like me, but what can I do? The other day I actually found him sucking on the toilet seat. I was afraid to kiss him after that... kind of like how you don't want to kiss the dog because you know he licks his bum. Anyhow, now we finally have a great reason to enforce the rule about putting the toilet seat down. Score - Suzy!!!

After Lucas found his way up the toilet, he discovered a fun toy called the toilet paper roll. In the following video you can see how Lucas enjoyed his time with the roll of TP.




Lucas also likes to trek into our closet. There's lots of bags to get into, clothes to yank on, and shoelaces to tug. The other day he found an old bag from Fredericks of Hollywood and had fun with it's contents for a while... Hey, at least someone's enjoying it!






Later, Lucas was wandering around our bedroom when I heard a big crash. He pulled up to my "nightstand" and pulled off the top shelf, along with everything on the shelf. I ran over, grabbed my wedding ring from the pile, and then ran for the camera.

Once in a while Lucas becomes such a handful, that you just need to put him in a cage. Since Ben and I currently do not own a cage (but we are in the market for one), I just stuck him in the bathtub with a few toys (ie: hanger, measuring spoons, ducky) and it did the trick just fine. I managed to get my makeup on while he played for a few minutes, and then he was out and on the hunt for more things to decimate.We love our little guy. He's moving a million miles an hour, making messes by the minute, but at least he's sweet and happy while he's out and about.

2 comments:

amanda said...

yeah...can't wait for this...

when you buy that cage, think about getting a helmet and/or armor for when you let him out.

Marco said...

Hehehehee... I had never seen the video of Lucas unrolling the toilet before, and crawling toward you all proud of himself. That looks so much like Ayla at the same age.