Sunday, December 19, 2010

Who Made You?

Today Lucas's Sunbeams teacher at church mentioned that he is the "know it all" of the class and always answers all the questions. He makes my heart happy - I'm glad that he's not afraid to speak up in class, and I'm also glad we've managed to teach him a few things.
Then I remembered something he said before his surgery:
But, Mom, Heavenly Father made my tonsils. He wants me to keep them.
I thought it was really sweet that he would even think about that at such a time. Most of us don't often think about what amazing gifts our bodies are and how we should treat them. It also meant that (hopefully) he values gifts he is given. I'm glad that at a time in our lives when we're so focused on teaching Lucas, he turns around and teaches us every now and then.

No comments: