Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So far in 2010...

For New Year's Eve I made chocolate fondue and a cheeseball and called it dinner. Clay and Andrea dined with us. Lucas enjoyed their company, as well as The Very Hungry Caterpillar DVD we borrowed from the library (which Ben happened to mail back to Amazon along with the Blu Ray Player we were exchanging - a new one is coming from eBay that we can take to the Library). Lucas went to bed at about 8:30 and Clay and Andrea left at 10:00 when their boys started fussing. Ben and I were in bed by 11:30 - first time I've ever missed the ball drop.

On New Year's Day we had a little brunch at our house. The food was yummy. The kids all played with the train table, which was funny. Lucas did get flustered a couple times and took it apart. After a final warning, Ben was putting it away in a trash bag until Lucas earned it back the next day. He hasn't torn it apart since. Here's a video of all 7 kids playing at the table.

(Ben's voice is messed up b/c he got a shoulder to the throat last week at basketball... I think it's getting better now, but it hurt for a long time!)

On Friday afternoon we took Christmas down, which was sad, but it was also nice to get things cleaned up. You can see, Lucas is a better photographer than me - I can't seem to focus right.

Saturday we took Lucas to Zilker Park. They have a great playground, but all he ever wants to do is walk on the train tracks. This time we actually got to ride the train, which he thought was fantastic. Lucas was excited to give his ticket to the man when he came by. And when the ride was over, Lucas stopped by the front of the train and personally thanked the Conductor for the ride. It was very sweet. After the ride we played by the water for a bit. In the past week we've learned our lesson that if we take Lucas near a body of water, he's going to fall in at least up to his shins. I had to wash muddy shoes twice this week!

Even though it's 2010, Lucas still enjoys painting, letters, words, and spelling. Thanks to Lisa for our cool word builder! He likes it a lot.

After three weeks off, Ben went back to work on Monday morning. Lucas and I were both sad, but I think Ben was kind of excited. We all managed to have good days and a nice dinner when Ben got home.
Everything is still smooth sailing on the baby front. I had my 37 week appointment today and I can't believe we will very likely have a kid in a couple weeks. Part of me wants to keep him in there until I'm 40 weeks (we all know it's worse when they're out, right?), then part of me looks at Ben's big head and thinks it would be nice to have a baby that is less than 8 pounds... I mean really, 6 something would be fantastic.


Becca said...

Thanks for posting the video of all the kiddos. It's fun to see how much they've changed in a year. Like all Anna's hair, and Jackson yelling "Run for your lives!" Adorable.

Chris and Amy said...

Looks like you've had a lot of fun! Love all of the pictures. Happy New Year!