Saturday, December 19, 2009

'tis the season!

Ben has been off work this whole week! Except he actually worked every day, but he's been at home, which is what counts. SO, we finally had time to pick out a tree (a complete nightmare), decorate the tree, pick ornaments up from behind the couch multiple times, make popcorn balls, and do some Christmas errands. It's been pretty fun.



Lucas has had a pretty good week. He actually went on a trip to Toys R Us Wednesday night with Dad. Ben wanted to get some feelers for what Lucas really liked the most. Before they went Ben informed me on the phone, "I'm going on a suicide mission." I was worried, knowing that Lucas would for sure throw too many tantrums in the toy store, and have to be carried out kicking and screaming. Instead, Lucas was a good boy and didn't get in trouble at all. Unfortunately, his favorite toy is expensive and kind of lame, according to Ben - Thomas the Train. Honestly, these people want us to pay $15-$25 for a piece of a train? A piece? Well, okay, if it means we get to see this little kid smile on Christmas morning... (And we don't think trains are lame, we just don't understand how he can watch the Thomas movies/shows for hours and hours and not be bored. It's a miracle).

On another note, here is Lucas with his "Superhero Cleaning Glasses" on. At least that's what I called them the other day to get him to clean up toys so he could watch a movie. Chris wore these to our house last summer, paired with knee socks and sneakers for an intense game of badminton. That was the day we all realized exactly why Jamie married him. Then he left his broken goggles for Lucas (meaning he wanted to throw them away, and just left them here, but they haven't made the trash yet. Lucas loves those things!). He's in the zone... It's ok if you laugh. We did.


5 comments:

Tricia said...

Your tree is really pretty! Sounds like you guys had a good week. As for Lucas and the goggles, well that kid just ROCKS :D

Scott said...

If I had a pair of cleaning goggles like those I'd never want to stop cleaning.

It looks like your fireplace is cleared out and ready for a visitor to enter.

Cause I said so... said...

Safety first! You never know when that Pine Sol might splash up in your face and blind you for life. Plus...if you aren't careful, you could shoot your eye out with the vacuum hose. Good job, Lucas.

The Wife said...

I'm glad Lucas is able to put the goggles to good use!

And I agree with Tricia...your tree is so pretty!

Shan said...

I love your tree! I was just commenting to one of my 9 roommates that I can't wait to have a house of my own so I can decorate it for holidays. Have a very Merry Christmas!!!